question

biteheist avatar image
biteheist asked biteheist commented

Print receipts not the same as web receipts

We are trying to understand why the customer information only gets printed on the receipts at random. We can send the orders to the app the same way but get some prints with customer info and some without. How can we make sure every print out has the customer info on it?
OrdersPrint
10 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

biteheist avatar image biteheist commented ·
We figured out that when a customer adds modifiers to their order, the printed receipt is missing all customer data as well as the notes section.
0 Likes 0 ·
Why is it that our auto prints are missing data but reprints show all the info we need. Like customer name and online order fee line item. @Jeffrey Blattman

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ biteheist commented ·

I tried testing both the initial print and reprint, with and without modifiers and I always see the customer info printed. Maybe you could provide exact steps to reproduce.

0 Likes 0 ·
biteheist avatar image biteheist Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

We found the issue. When auto printing, you can not print immediately. You must wait for the entire order details is synced. We now wait 10 seconds before sending the push to the app and all data is there. yall should all that as a note somewhere.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
An online/offline status (offline if it’s not online) would be best because then I can hide the location or show an offline status on the web and app ordering pages before someone places an order and it does nothing.

If there is no way I can check for a terminal being online, how can I give clover customers a good experience? They get to the checkout page and nothing happens because the terminal is down? I hope not. I would hope I could get some sort of status prior to taking a hungry customer all
the way to checkout and then telling them ‘oops, something went wrong’.
0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community