question

thedangler avatar image
thedangler asked javichaques answered

Android Emulator Order app Crashes

I'm trying to open the order app but I get this error:
07-17 13:24:50.379 7007-7019/com.clover.engine E/MerchantsProvider: getDbHelper(MerchantsProvider.java:230): merchant not found by account/token using fallback, account name=null, type=null, token=null

How do I set the token?
I'm logged in the sandbox account and there is only one merchant.
OrdersEmulator
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

There's not enough information there for us to help you. Please take a look at https://community.clover.com/page/asking-questions

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman

I'm on macOS running in android studio.

Its running KitKat because the emulator doesn't work at all on 5.1.1 like your instructions indicate with App Updater and Clover Engine.

The emulator was used in the AVD manager.

Most of the apps work fine.

I try to run the order app and it crashes immediately, and that was the only error that I could fine related to it.

I manually loaded the engine and updater

Installed all the apps

I tried the same setup on Windows 10.

Same exact issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ thedangler commented ·

There's no indication in your steps that you attempted to add a Clover account. Did you do that?

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

goto settings -> accounts -> add -> add clover account. Log in with my US dev sandbox credentials.
All the apps download and update.

Yes, I've done this.

Unless I'm missing something else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Anyone else experience this issue?
The orders app crashes?
I've tried using it with a US sandbox account and test merchant.

0 Likes 0 ·

This is the error message I get when I try to open the Orders app.

07-27 06:55:30.551 5883-5914/com.clover.engine E/DatabaseUtils: Writing exception to parcel
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.lang.String com.clover.sdk.Merchant.getId()' on a null object reference
        at com.clover.engine.providers.RolesProvider.getDatabaseName(RolesProvider.java:224)
        at com.clover.content.Provider.getOpenHelper(Provider.java:316)
        at com.clover.engine.providers.RolesProvider.getPermissionSet(RolesProvider.java:439)
        at com.clover.engine.providers.RolesProvider.methodIsPermissionAllowed(RolesProvider.java:353)
        at com.clover.engine.providers.RolesProvider.call(RolesProvider.java:274)
        at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.call(ContentProvider.java:370)
        at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:283)
        at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:446)

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

javichaques avatar image
javichaques answered
I have the same problem with Register app when I try to add an item.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community