question

bredo avatar image
bredo asked jonathan commented

printing from REST API to a specific printer

Hi, We've developed a mobile ordering app which uses the REST API for our cafe - upon completion of payment of an order, our staff are notified of the order through our order admin web interface on a tablet in-store ( also using REST API). We want staff to be able to hit an accept order button and for that to print to numerous printers - is this possible? At the moment the app creates an order in Clover, then notifies the staff on the our tablet app and they manually have to go into Clover, Leave the Register App (generally this is app open), Go into the Orders App, Find the relevant Order, Click on the relevant Order, Click Print Order Receipt, Select the printer, (repeat last two steps if needs to print on more than 1 printer). Really not great... I know this stuff is possible via Android SDK, but aren't using it...

Many Thanks, Andrew

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered jonathan commented

If you want to print you must use the clover-android-sdk. We don't have a REST API to trigger print jobs. You would need to build an Android app that communicates with your server to know which order should be printed and you would need this to execute on only one device at a merchant location so the same order isn't printed by multiple devices.

Take a look at this answer for links to examples that show how to print with the clover-android sdk: http://devask.clover.com/question/102...

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonathan avatar image jonathan commented ·

I was hoping to be able to use the API or even that this was completely unnecessary, but this definitely answers my question. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community