question

northmccormick avatar image
northmccormick asked Jacob Abrams answered

Skip merchant O-Auth verification for customer app?

Hey guys!

I have a client who is wanting me to build an app and website for them. I'm looking through the docs and I just have a few questions on how I could make this work, and of course if you have any extra information that could help please don't hesitate to add on!

1) I'm noticing a lot if not all of the API calls are based around the idea that one has created an O-Auth connection with the clover API. If I wanted an app, where the customer downloads to track either rewards, or even buy things, and I want to link in with the clover API, how is this done?

Do I have to create a clover app, and then submit all those calls on my server, and have my app ask the server to do that? It seems like a lot of steps and I feel like there is a simpler way that I'm missing.

2) If I do have to make a separate app as some type of 'gateway', does it have to be listed in the app store? I'm looking at this being a single solution for this specific client tailored to their business.

Any help is really appreciated, thank you!

Edit: Just want to clarify the app I'm making is one for iOS and Android that my clients customers would download to do things like rewards and such, not a merchant app on their POS

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered

Take a look at my answer here: http://devask.clover.com/question/969...

The only difference is that you want to build a customer facing mobile app instead of a customer facing website. Either way you are going to need to operate your own server and you are going to need to build a Clover web app for merchants to enable them to sign up for your service. Once a merchant gets your web app you will be able to access their data using oauth, then you can host their data on your server and supply it to the customer facing mobile app you are building. That's how I would do it.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community