question

Corey avatar image
Corey asked Corey edited

Fire and Order from Web API

Does anyone know how where I could find documentation on how to listen for the fire command on a web application?

Thanks,

Corey

App Market
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

You should describe what you are trying to accomplish. There may be a better way to achieve other than the path you are on. See https://community.clover.com/page/asking-questions item (4).

0 Likes 0 ·
Corey avatar image Corey Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman I did describe what I was trying to accomplish, your staff edited my post and made it a one liner. I feel like I have been admonished more than I've been assisted and it's frustrating. Here is my original post minus the name of the person who responded.

ME:
The link that she posted does not reference how to do what I asked, how to listen for the Fire Command on a web app (HTML, CSS, JS app). DoesDoes anyone know how where I could find documentation on how to listen for the fire command on a web application

0 Likes 0 ·
Corey avatar image
Corey answered Corey edited
[private] @Raymond Lee"Fire" is a term that was created by your company and put on to your apps to indicate items going to their respective printers via labels after an order has been placed on the tables app. The purpose for this was to prevent items from prematurely be sent to printers before the order was completed in a full service restaurant. You don't want items being sent on the fly because 1. The order is not complete, 2. The customer may change their mind on items before the order is done. This question has been asked many times since 2014 and has not received a proper answer. I can find documentation on how to do this for Android Apps but I cannot find out how to do this on an app created using HTML, CSS and JS.
I just want an answer. Can you please tell me if there is a way for my web app (HTML, CSS, & JS) to listen for when orders are fired from the Clover Station?

Thanks,
Corey

1.png (224.1 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered
As you mentioned, on Android you can listen to the print intent fired by the PrintJob found here. However, this is kept local to the Clover device, as there is no way to set up a web listener to listen for broadcasts from a Clover device (Android broadcasts only notify other Android activities that are registered to listen for the broadcast).

So no matter what, you will need an Android app if you want to listen for the Order receipt print intent. You can set it up so that when your Android app receives the print intent broadcast, you can then send a notification to your Web App. That way, your Web app is listening for notifications from your Android app.
10 |2000

Corey avatar image
Corey answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
The app is a web app. There is no android app. Can you perhaps create a webhook that works with the fire button on the Tables App? This would be very helpful and many people have been asking for this. PLEASE!!!!!!!

https://community.clover.com/questions/3440/there-...

https://community.clover.com/questions/1450/fire-a...
1 comment
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

Your feature request for Order fired webhooks has been noted, and I will submit the request for you. In the meantime, the only workaround is to implement an Android app as I have mentioned.

0 Likes 0 ·
Corey avatar image
Corey answered Corey commented
@Raymond LeeOk, Thanks Raymond. Should I keep this thread open to follow up in the future?
2 comments
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

That will not be necessary, as any new features rolled out by us will be announced by email announcements, and can be found here as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Corey avatar image Corey Raymond Lee commented ·

@Raymond Lee What is the likelihood that it will be done, because I am not the first person that was told that a feature request for this was added. Will I get an email confirming the feature request?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community