question

bell avatar image
bell asked Javier commented

"More Tools" app Crashes on Dev Kit

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Clover Mobile dev kit. I wanted to check the app market on the device, but the "More Tools" app (which has the app market inside it) crashes when launched, with the error - "Unfortunately, App market has stopped" ( it is getting launched without the error when device is offline). I am using a sandbox account. I have tried restarting the device but still have the issue. Can someone please suggest what might be the issue here ?
Thanks !
App MarketDevKit
6 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

konstantin avatar image konstantin Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Since the logcat was requested, here it is! clovercrashlog.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
clovercrashlog.txt (7.5 KiB)
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ konstantin commented ·

That's not the logcat. That's the stack trace. Do "adb logcat -v time > log.txt" and pastbin the file.

0 Likes 0 ·
yoonefitech avatar image yoonefitech commented ·
Any update on this? Getting below error when opening More Tools on Clover Station

E/AndroidRuntime( 3034): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must not be empty.E/AndroidRuntime( 3034): at com.squareup.picasso.Picasso.load(Picasso.java:297)

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ yoonefitech commented ·

Please click on the link I provided and read it. See: "Include the stack trace and logcat"

0 Likes 0 ·
andey avatar image andey commented ·

I'm getting the same problem

0 Likes 0 ·
Javier avatar image
Javier answered
We've identified the issue and are working on a fix... in the meantime, please attempt this workaround, it seems to be working for some:
"If you move to the Installed Apps screen before the main page is finished loading, it's fine."
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Javier avatar image
Javier answered Javier commented
Second update!

Everyone should be able to load the app with no crashes. However, it's still possible that the crash will return before the new app version with the code fix is deployed. So please keep the workaround in mind just in case.

Thanks folks!
4 comments
10 |2000

bell avatar image bell commented ·

Thanks for the update. The app still crashes for me. Also, the suggested workaround is difficult to achieve on the device, as it crashes instantly, and even if it works, I can only see the installed apps and not the app market page. When can we expect the fix to be deployed ?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Javier avatar image Javier bell commented ·

Can you please, after getting the app to successfully load any screen, hit the refresh button in the top right of app bar? This will sync the local database with server database.

If you're still experiencing a crash, it's possible you're experiencing a different issue. I was going off of the stack trace @Konstantin provided.

Can you please provide the logs for your crash, @bell?

1 Like 1 ·
konstantin avatar image konstantin Javier commented ·

Hello @javier, crash no longer occurs on the Clover Station, Clover mini and on a Station 2018 emulator.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox answered Javier commented
My workaround was to turn off the wifi, let the app come up and settle, and then it worked, This was on a station
1 comment
10 |2000

Javier avatar image Javier commented ·

Nice, thanks for the extra workaround. It's a shame we need workarounds. New app version should be out within a couple of weeks, but don't quote me on that.

Additionally, please hit that refresh/sync button to right in app bar. That should bring in new data replacing problematic data with empty icon names.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community