question

brewcleus avatar image
brewcleus asked Bejoy Nair commented

Using OrderConnector.voidPreAuth returns unauthorized error

I get error message "Error: status code: 403 App doesn't have required permission" when trying to void a preauth on an order.

I have the permissions on the app set to read and write.
OrdersPaymentsAuth
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bejoy Nair avatar image Bejoy Nair commented ·
We are facing the same issue..All app permissions are valid, the app has been synched properly to the clover device and the employee has the required permission to void payment. We also tried using voidPreAuthOnline but still got the same error.
Could we get an official direction from Clover regarding using VoidPreAuth function please.

thx,
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered Bejoy Nair commented
This is because third party developers do not have permissions to void payments. You will need to open the Transactions app and point to the correct order or payment ID to allow the merchant to being the void process manually. More information can be found here.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bejoy Nair avatar image Bejoy Nair commented ·

Thanks Chanel for the quick response. I would request Clover team to reconsider this decision. This beats the purpose of having SDK/API, if we can't do important actions using SDK and instead depend on INTENTS, which directly impacts the customer experience using our apps.

thx,

1 Like 1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community