question

billy-watkins avatar image
billy-watkins asked chanel Deactivated commented

Binding exception when using inventoryConnector

getting the error: com.clover.sdk.v1.BindingException: Could not bind to Android service
when trying to use the inventory connector to get a list of items.
I am getting an account back and creating the connector but when I try to use it I get a binding exception.
could anyone give me some pointers on the best way to implemenbt this or some suggestions of what could be causing the issue? Its my first time properly utilising the sdk instead of the api.

protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {

super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);mTextView = findViewById(R.id.activity_main_text_view); if (mAccount == null) {
mAccount = CloverAccount.getAccount(this); if (mAccount == null) {
return;}
}

connect();mInventory = new Inventory(); try{
InventoryAsyncTask Async = new InventoryAsyncTask(mInventoryConnector);Async.execute();mInventory.ItemList = Async.get();}catch (InterruptedException|ExecutionException e) {
e.printStackTrace();}
}

public class InventoryAsyncTask extends AsyncTask<Void, Void, List<Item>> {

public InventoryAsyncTask(InventoryConnector mInventoryConnector){
iInventoryConnector = mInventoryConnector;}

private InventoryConnector iInventoryConnector;@Overrideprotected final List<Item> doInBackground(Void... params) {
try {
return iInventoryConnector.getItems();} catch (RemoteException | ClientException | ServiceException | BindingException e) {
e.printStackTrace();}
return null;}
}
Clover Android SDKInventory
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan ♦ commented ·

Could you check if com.clover.engine is installed on the device/emulator? A BindingException is thrown if the connector is unable to bind to engine after trying for ~10 seconds. You probably are seeing something along the lines of "waitForConnection result: false, retryCount: 1/2/3" in the logcat.

0 Likes 0 ·
billy-watkins avatar image billy-watkins commented ·
I've built the apk and deployed to a dev kit and getting the same error. my emulators all have clover installed as well so I do not think that would be an issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel commented ·

@billy watkins Can you provide the full error that you're seeing?

Are you using a DevKit (if so, what model?) or an emulator (if so, which model are you attempting to emulate? Do you have the most recent APKs installed?)

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community