question

ryancoyne0 avatar image
ryancoyne0 asked ryancoyne0 commented

Are we able to store custom information about our app in the Clover API?

Hello, I am a developer for a third party app at Clover. We have not published our production app yet and I was wondering if we would be able to store information about a merchant somewhere in the API?
Merchant
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chanel avatar image chanel commented ·

What kind of information are you looking to store? Clover already provides a number of data fields that developers can utilize (in our API and our SDK).

0 Likes 0 ·
ryancoyne0 avatar image ryancoyne0 chanel commented ·

@Chanel: We are looking to store information about the Bucket app. We would like to save the clientId and client secret for our API so that when the merchant downloads the app & sets up one Clover device and authenticates with Clover, we would be able to read it from the merchant API return.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered ryancoyne0 commented
Third party merchant level custom information is not supported. However, even if we change this in the future, keep in mind that any information for a merchant that is stored in Clover will be accessible to other third party developers and their apps. For that reason, I would suggest an implementation that would keep the client secret more secure.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ryancoyne0 avatar image ryancoyne0 commented ·

Totally agreed. Thank you for your response!

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community