question

ahilman avatar image
ahilman asked Raymond Lee Deactivated commented

Cannot create a new merchant on the Sandbox environment

Hello,

I am an admin on the sandbox environment and I am trying to add a new sandbox merchant, but I am receiving an HTTP 401 Unauthorized response whenever I save the merchant details. The error popup is simply '{}'.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please see attached image for reference.

clover-error-on-create-merchant-sandbox.png

Alex
SandboxMerchant
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dhanaraj avatar image dhanaraj commented ·
have got any answer will u reply back to me
0 Likes 0 ·
alanc avatar image alanc commented ·
I have the same error on the developer page. No one has gotten back to me yet
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I was able to create a test merchant under my developer fine. Can you possibly record a video of the problem end-end? I'd be particularly interested in knowing the URL that's resulting in the 401. You could probably see that from the browser's network log.

0 Likes 0 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered Raymond Lee Deactivated edited
This is a known issue, and it is due to trying to create a test merchant as an admin account, when there is no developer account associated with the email used for the admin account.

There is a workaround available, where you have the owner of the developer account create the test merchant and add the email used for the admin account as an employee of the test merchant. After that, the admin account should have visibility of the newly created test merchant.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

alanc avatar image
alanc answered
I did as you said. How can the developer add the email as an employee? Where would they go for it?@Raymond Lee
10 |2000

alanc avatar image
alanc answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
Where would you go to add the email used for the admin account as an employee of the test merchant?
3 comments
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

On the Merchant Web Dashboard, go to the Employees App, and click on the Add New Employee button.

0 Likes 0 ·
thedangler avatar image thedangler Raymond Lee commented ·

The Sandbox has nothing todo with the production developer account correct?
So when signing up for a sandbox account how do you know when your logged into it which account is the developer account?
I'm really confussed how this can happen

0 Likes 0 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee thedangler commented ·

Correct, the Sandbox environment is for development and testing, and is totally separate from the Production environment.

When you are on the Developer Dashboard you are logged into your developer account, and if you click on the top right account menu, you can see your developer account, as well as any test merchant accounts associated with your developer account.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community