question

twilight avatar image
twilight asked twilight commented

I desperately need a tax amount, NOT a tax rate!

I run a vapor lounge in NC, which NC now charges a nicotine tax on all eliquids. The tax amount is 5 cents per milliliter of ejuice sold. I need a way to put in a tax amount not a rate and I need this ASAP or I cannot continue using my clover station. I have called support many times with no help at all. Today I have been on hold with them for over 2 hours.

Is there anyone that has had this problem and knows a workaround.

Taxes
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered twilight commented

This question & answer might help you: http://devask.clover.com/question/208...

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

twilight avatar image twilight commented ·

It needs to be a tax that I have to report monthly and pay to the state of NC. I have added extra items for the amount of the tax, then not tax each item. The only problem with this is to enter 2 items for each one sold and when printing reports, make sure to remove those amounts to report my sales tax correctly. This has been causing me a lot of extra work.

0 Likes 0 ·
jamesb avatar image
jamesb answered

Welcome to the world of "beta apps" This and many other simple business problems are not yet addressed by this seemingly pubescent product. My only solution for a similar problem was to not process Taxes at all on Clover. I have to make a separate receipt for the client, and merely put the total price with the various percentage-based sales taxes, plus the VAT (not percentage based) on that receipt and use clover merely for billing.

Unfortunately, this makes the other 90 % of what clover could do unavailable to me (ie: reporting, statistics etc)

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community