question

eatcube avatar image
eatcube asked chanel Deactivated answered

Create Orders from Native IOS/Android App using Clover APIS

Hi ,
We have wonderful customer ordering native apps which are fully functional and live.. We are trying to extend the reach of business owners by creating orders directly in clover station so that they omit double entry of records.

So I got developer kit ,Did some proof of concept.. created orders in clover using API's . but in production environment since we use auth2.0 api's ..Are these supposed to be used only in APP market place??

Can anyone let me know if we can create orders from our apps using clover API's? I am little confused need some help here? Our strategy was -We will create order receiving app in Clover App market and upon acceptance will push it regular clover order screen... but what i see is API's needs to be used only in clover app market place ? is this true ?

I am newbie to clover app development, Please throw some light if you can?
OrdersApp Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered
When doing development, it's ideal to use our Sandbox environment. This is separate from our Production environment (the details and differences can be found in this article).

It's perfectly possible to create orders using the API, but when developing an app that will run on a Clover device, you should use our Clover Android SDK.

App Market is a place where merchants can find and download various approved apps either by Clover or third party developers like yourself. In Sandbox, once you've created and uploaded your APK, your test merchants will have access to the app, with no extra effort. Once you're ready to show your app to the world, you can begin the process of putting your app on our Production App Market by taking the steps outlined here.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community