question

mseth avatar image
mseth asked mseth commented

How do we read the Merchant ID (MID) from the Clover Flex device?

I can see the MID from the developer sandbox account, when I setup a new merchant, but need a way to access it from an Android app as well on the Clover Flex device. Is there an API call to get that?
Clover FlexMerchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Dan avatar image
Dan answered mseth commented
You can use MerchantConnector#getMerchant() from clover-android-sdk, which has a getter for the merchant id on it. The repository also has some example connector usage.
8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mseth avatar image mseth commented ·

Thank you for the reply, however when trying to do what you suggested, I get an error, "does not have permission MERCHANT_R". I looked through the forums and then checked my sandbox, the app already has read/write permissions for the Merchant.

Found this ticket-

https://community.clover.com/questions/9233/sdk-forbiddenexception-status-code-403-app-doesnt.html

Seems like a lengthy workaround, before I try that, wanted to make sure if this is a known issue, or is there a better way of getting the Merchant ID?

For your reference I used the code sample available here:

https://github.com/clover/android-examples/blob/master/merchantexample/MerchantExample/src/main/java/com/clover/example/merchantexample/MainActivity.java

0 Likes 0 ·
keithryanwong avatar image keithryanwong mseth commented ·

It is a known issue, and we're currently working to uncover the root cause.

Please go ahead and follow the steps in the post. If it doesn't work then it could mean that the underlying issue is different.

0 Likes 0 ·
mseth avatar image mseth keithryanwong commented ·

I tried to replicate those steps, but still see the same error. Any other way around this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community