question

cdcilley avatar image
cdcilley asked cdcilley commented

Android Secure Payment example out of date or deprecated package "remotepay"?

I'm trying to follow the Android Secure Payment example at android-examples/paywithsecurepaymentexample. There are a number of imports for com.clover.sdk.v3.remotepay. However, this is not part of the current SDK. "remotepay" is not listed on the SDK Doc Page and I can't import it. "remotepay" is also not listed as being deprecated.

Is the example code out of date or the import missing? Can you point me to a current example of building secure payment support into my app?
PaymentsPaymentConnector
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered cdcilley commented
Hi @cdcilley,

The JavaDocs you linked is for clover-android-sdk/clover-android-sdk, com.clover.sdk.v3.remotepay resides in clover-android-sdk/clover-android-connector-sdk as seen here: https://github.com/clover/clover-android-sdk/tree/...

The android-examples/paywithsecurepaymentexample example should be able to be built, as long as you have this in your build.gradle (Module):
dependencies {
    compile 'com.clover.sdk:clover-android-connector-sdk:168'
}
I would double check that you are trying to build a fresh checkout of the example, without any modifications.

Hope that helps,

Raymond
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cdcilley avatar image cdcilley commented ·

Thanks. I ended up going the simpler route of what's inside the "private void startSecurePayment()" function using a "startActivityForResult" with an intent call with ACTION_SECURE_PAY.

As a side note, when I added the dependency you list, it caused a gradle error with mis-matched 'app' and 'test' build versions. Had to add:

configurations.all {
    resolutionStrategy {
        force 'com.android.support:support-annotations:23.0.1'
    }
}

To make everything work.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community