question

kkoznjak avatar image
kkoznjak asked chanel Deactivated commented

Communication between two Clover devices connected via USB

I'm developing an app which should work on a configuration of Mini + Mini (or Station) connected via USB. The app would be installed on both devices and should send data from one device to another. It seems like the app can't get the user's permission to use the other Clover Mini as a USB device.

Should the app be whitelisted in Clover database to be able to send data from one Clover Mini to the other via USB although both are Clover devices?

EDIT: The configuration is a standard Clover configuration: customer-facing Mini + merchant-facing Mini (or Station), USB connected.
Clover Android SDKUSB Pay Display
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chanel avatar image chanel commented ·

Generally, when Clover devices that are connected via USB, one device is used to take customer-facing payments (using Clover's USB Pay Display). What data are you attempting to send between the devices?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered chanel Deactivated commented
Yes, apps must be whitelisted to use USB peripherals. Please contact dev@clover.com to get your app whitelisted.

EDIT: I understand this is not a configuration we support at this time. Sorry for the confusion.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kkoznjak avatar image kkoznjak commented ·

I edited the question to clarify that the app should work in a standard Clover configuration. Are the non-Clover apps allowed to use the USB connection alongside the Clover apps?

0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel kkoznjak commented ·

Only Clover apps are able to communicate through USB. All other apps would need to go through Clover services.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community