question

jasonbanks avatar image
jasonbanks asked jasonbanks commented

Lifespan of terminal pairing for Network Pay

When connecting to a terminal, the initial connection goes through the authorization process where a PIN is provided to enter on the terminal. What is the lifespan of the token returned? I need to know whether this is a process I can do from a management utility and store the value, or if it is more likely to change frequently (e.g., on terminal restart, or if terminal/POS is shut down every night etc.)..
Clover Minisecure network pay display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

racheladmin avatar image
racheladmin Deactivated answered jasonbanks commented
The token returned in onPairingSuccess is specific to the Clover Device Server on that particular Clover device, and is one-time use. When it is consumed, a fresh authToken is returned in onPairingSuccess. The "shelf life" of a Clover Device Server authToken defaults to 30 days, but that is configurable in Secure Network Pay Display's settings. If the authToken is expired or otherwise rejected, onPairingCode will be called with a new pairingCode to enter on the device.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jasonbanks avatar image jasonbanks commented ·
Thank you again @racheladmin! I saw it was working on a rolling auth code every transaction and wanted to confirm. Definitely not something that can be pre-configured.
0 Likes 0 ·
racheladmin avatar image racheladmin jasonbanks commented ·

Once you have that first authToken to set, the swapping can happen in the background, so the merchant doesn't have to manually enter a pairing code again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community