question

erikolson avatar image
erikolson asked erikolson commented

Clover Lookup Speed

Hello,

My client has about 25,000 items in inventory with 2 POS stations. He started with about 14K items in inventory. Since day 1 he's been complaining about the performance of the system, but today he is very busy with black friday and the performance issue is really terrible. Most times it takes about 30 seconds but sometimes it takes over a minute to pull up something when they scan it.

Is there anything that can be done to boost the performance of a bar code lookup?

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

erikolson avatar image erikolson commented ·

This is KILLING my client's business

0 Likes 0 ·

Perhaps I could create my own front end and just use Clover to process the transactions?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega commented ·

This could be a network issue rather than the Clover Itself

Clover is not good for thousands upon thousands of items, it will get slow because everything is in the cloud.

The time it's taking to look something up is quite, troublesome. Try making sure their network is good.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

erikolson avatar image
erikolson answered erikolson commented

Clover shipped us 2 new units, didn't solve the problem.

Hour #5 on "Tier 2" tech support going in circles with the most unhelpful person

It's very frustrating when

a) Person does not have an answer, and b) Person has no desire to be helpful.

I said five times (literally) "We're not going to solve this issue on this call, this is clearly a developer issue. What can we do to get this issue expedited and to the developers" and "Peter" does not know what to say; Just long periods of silence on the phone where he's not even expressing an interest in trying to find a solution, just waiting for the call to end. I repeated the above quote several times and Peter had nothing to say. Finally he said that they don't talk to the developers, no one does.

FINALLY after half an hour he eluded to the existence of something called Tier 3 but it took 15 more minutes for him to actually refer our issue to Tier 3 (if he actually did) and it was described as "They'll look at it when they can ... Whenever they get back to us I'll call you ..." then 60 seconds of silence and I'm like "Okay, so are you actually doing that right now?" mumble mumble mumble .. I got his first name out of him but he said he wasn't allowed to give out his last name or employee number. So I said "Peter, you need to step up and be proactive... do what you can and let's move on" mumble mumble tier 3 mumble .. We talked about tier 3 for 10 more minutes and then the call just kind of fizzled out. I don't know if he actually did anything to escalate our issue or not.

Anyway, my client is going to be returning his equipment and replacing his POS tomorrow with another brand.

Which is too bad, because everything else about Clover is very nice and I was looking forward to continuing to develop with it.

Erik Olson * erikolson.biz

PS I see I got a badge for having a popular question.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The store called Clover support just now and got "STEVE" on the phone. After explaining the issue "STEVE" hung up on them.

0 Likes 0 ·

Worst. Support. Ever.

From: Clover Support cloversupport@firstdata.com Date: December 15, 2015 at 3:45:56 PM EST To: "*@gmail.com" <*@gmail.com> Subject: Tier 3 response to your question about inventory in the Clover [ ref:00D709tvy.500701W7G68:ref ]

Shawn,

Tier 3 responded to my escalation stating the limits to an inventory. You can find them at the link below..

https://help.clover.com/faq/what-is-t...

Thank you for being part of Clover,

Clover Support.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community