question

letobukarica avatar image
letobukarica asked chanel Deactivated edited

Printed receipt - Retain this copy text

There is a sentence: "Retain this copy for statement validation" that shows up on the printed receipt on all of the payment methods except cash.

Is there any way of removing it for custom tenders?

Thanks
PrintCustom Tenders
7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Miguel avatar image Miguel commented ·

I'm not seeing that text on my printed receipts after CC payment. Do you have a screenshot or steps/settings to reproduce?

0 Likes 0 ·
letobukarica avatar image letobukarica commented ·
Hi @Miguel,

Here are the receipts for the CC and a custom tender. We are pointing to Sandbox with a DevKit.

Kind regards.

P.S. Sorry for the resolution, there is a size limit for attachment so I can't put it in a better one.
receipts-retain-small.png
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @Miguel,

Do you maybe have any new feedback on this topic?

Kind regards,
0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel commented ·

Hi @leto.bukarica! Can you provide more information for me?

- What Clover system are you using?
- Can you print a receipt for each payment method (including cash) and post them?

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @Chanel,

We are using a DevKit of Clover Mini. Specifications from the settings:
ID: C030UQ54340345
Model name: Clover Mini Wi-Fi
Model Number: C300
Build Number: 1 01.48.0944 01.59.1212 (01.00132) SRED Disabled.

I'm attaching the rest of the receipts.
receipts-small.jpg

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
0 Likes 0 ·
receipts-small.jpg (497.7 KiB)
sam avatar image sam letobukarica commented ·

@leto.bukarica

It looks like that device C030UQ54340345 is associated with Sandbox PROD ROM Upgrade (P1YYXSP7KFNYG) but hasn't been setup completely through the activation process? Did you try to factory reset recently? AFAIK, "Retain this copy for statement validation" isn't a standard notice so I can only imagine it's a custom footer that's been set on that device? You should be able to find it in the Setup page on device or web dashboard:

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered chanel Deactivated edited
What you're seeing is automatically added to customer facing receipts according to MasterCard's Transaction Processing Rules (found here on page 75 of the pdf http://www.mastercard.com/us/merchant/pdf/TPR-Enti... ).

On the Cardholder copy, the words (in English, local language, or both):
“IMPORTANT — retain this copy for your records,” or words to similar effect.

Because MasterCard's rules are generally the most strict, it's easier to follow them for all transactions as opposed to only MasterCard's transactions and risk violation due to a bug of some sort.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Chanel,

Thanks for the answer. It's understandable for credit card transactions but is there a way to turn it off for custom tenders the same way it's turned off for cash?

Kind regards,

0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel letobukarica commented ·

Unfortunately, not. Clover automatically adds it to comply with those standards, but we understand the desire to customize or remove this statement from custom tender receipts. We've noted that you'd like to see this feature added, though.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community