Idea

Dan avatar image
Dan suggested philljones commented

Remove permission constraints on apps running on Sandbox devices / emulators

In 3 years of Clover development this is my biggest problem with developing on the platform. I'm sure it used to work in the early days, install an app over adb and forget about it.

As a sandbox developer, I should be able to reinstall my apps when I want without worrying about permissions, that should be the whole reason the sandbox exists.

I have multiple sandbox devices, multiple emulators, multiple merchants and multiple apps. When I come to work on an app, I generally have to do the same steps:
  • install over adb
  • realise there's no permissions
  • open sandbox dashboard
  • find the app
  • click preview in app market
  • make sure I'm looking at the right merchant
  • click install, choose plan
  • open Register on device / emulator
  • click sync, wait a few seconds for permissions to be synced
  • run app again
  • hope it worked.
Now I can do usually do this in less than 5 minutes now but it is quite cumbersome. You should watch me try and explain this to a new developer :)

So my suggestion should anyone see it is to examine the reasons why sandbox apps need to interact with the app market at all, and if possible just leave sandbox apps as having access to all permissions.

The only drawback I can see is going to be developers who forget permissions exist, and therefore forget to select the right ones when publishing an app.

Well I have a solution to that as well: make us list the permissions in the manifest with the uses-permission tag. That means on-upload the market can check the permissions match what is checked in the dashboard, and if they don't, reject the apk.
App MarketSandbox
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

4 Comments

·
charlesreed avatar image
charlesreed commented

You have a wonderful ability for coming up with original ideas. I admire how you think and how you present your views in this article. I was pleasantly pleased by your writing. I appreciate how you elevated the grandeur of my encounter. When you become lost, ask geometry dash meltdown for help to make things easier. That is among the things that have assisted me in getting beyond a variety of challenges.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

needham455 avatar image
needham455 commented

The prospect of removing permission constraints on apps running on Sandbox devices introduces a paradigm shift in user experience and app functionality. This evolution allows for a more seamless integration of applications within the Sandbox environment, enhancing their utility and performance. Developers exploring this avenue can find valuable resources and insights at https://broadapk.com/. This platform becomes instrumental in navigating the intricacies of permissions, fostering innovation in app development for Sandbox devices while ensuring a secure and user-friendly digital landscape.

10 |2000

charles-plante avatar image
charles-plante commented charles-plante edited

We still got the issue when using different sandbox for a multi person team. We cant upload an APK with the same package.

10 |2000

philljones avatar image
philljones commented

Removing permission constraints on apps running on sandbox devices or emulators, such as in the case of Spotify, typically involves modifying the app's configuration or utilizing certain development tools. However, it's crucial to note that circumventing permission constraints may violate terms of service agreements and can potentially lead to legal issues or account suspension.

In the context of Spotify, if you're developing or testing an app integration with the Spotify API on a sandbox device or emulator, you may encounter permission constraints related to accessing user data or specific features. To address this:

1. **Developer Dashboard**: Ensure that you've properly configured your Spotify Developer account and registered your app with the necessary permissions. You may need to adjust the permissions settings within the Spotify Developer Dashboard to enable testing on sandbox devices or emulators.

2. **OAuth Consent Screen**: If your app requires user authentication through OAuth, make sure you've configured the OAuth consent screen to request the necessary permissions from users. This may involve specifying the scopes required for accessing Spotify resources and user data.

3. **Testing Environment**: Use a testing environment that closely mirrors the production environment as much as possible. This may involve using a sandbox environment provided by Spotify or setting up a local development environment with appropriate configurations.

4. **Simulated Data**: If certain features or functionalities depend on user data that may not be available in the sandbox environment, consider using simulated data or mock responses during testing. This can help simulate different scenarios and test your app's behavior under various conditions.

5. **Compliance and Best Practices**: Always ensure that your app and testing practices comply with Spotify's terms of service, developer guidelines, and best practices. Avoid attempting to bypass permission constraints or access restricted features in unauthorized ways.

Ultimately, while it's important to test your app thoroughly on sandbox devices or emulators, it's equally important to do so responsibly and within the bounds of the platform's policies and guidelines. If you encounter specific challenges or limitations, consider reaching out to Spotify's developer support for assistance or clarification. For more information now you can visit: https://apkpure.es/aplicaciones/descargar-spotify-premium-mod-apk/

10 |2000

Write a Comment

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.