question

Danielle Cox avatar image
Danielle Cox asked Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Email address for the merchant

I am working on a couple of administrative items and trying to further streamline our signup process. We would like to email reports to the merchant and want a proper email contact for them. Looking at the merchant record, I see the email for a consumer technical issue, but I do not see an email for someone like the business owner. I was about to give up, but reviewing this, I see there is a boolean option sendCloseoutEmail. Where does it send that report to? That sounds like a good place to start with my email! (I am trying to grab all the information I need to set the merchant up into our system, and that is pretty much the only thing I am missing.

Thanks! Hopefully this one is an easy one :-)

Danielle

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Hi Danielle,

If you're using our REST API, you can GET https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/merchants/{id}?expand=owner. The owner's email address is in that expansion.

If you're using our Android SDK, you can use MerchantConnector.getMerchant().getAccount(), which includes the email.

public void GetMerchantEmail(View view) {

new AsyncTask<Void, Void, Account>() {

@Override
        protected Account doInBackground(Void... voids) {
            mMerchantConnector = new MerchantConnector(getBaseContext(), mAccount, null);
            try {
                mMerchant = mMerchantConnector.getMerchant();
            } catch (Exception e) {
                e.printStackTrace();
            }

return mMerchant.getAccount();
        }

@Override
        protected void onPostExecute(Account a) {
            super.onPostExecute(a);
            String email = a.name.split("\\s+")[2];
            Toast.makeText(getBaseContext(), a.toString(), Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();
        }
    }.execute();
}
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community