question

shubhamv avatar image
shubhamv asked Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Private apps

We are developing a integration for our clients in which we want to use webhooks feature. So as per API docs to use webhooks features I will need to utilize OAuth , for which I will need to first publish an app in Clover marketplace then only my client will be able to install it in his clover account.

So I want to ask is there is any feature like private apps for those who do not want to publish app in app marketplace & want to use the Webhooks feature ?

Thanks

Webhooks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mark Mullan avatar image
Mark Mullan Deactivated answered

Hi Shubham,

Posting some of our previous conversations publicly with relevant information. Two parts to your question:

1) We want developers to use our APIs to meet the needs of every vertical market, and make money doing that, as Clover cannot do this alone. Our REST APIs enable this, allowing developers to build apps to be published on the App Market. Note that our Developer Agreement states:

"Clover hereby grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and revocable license: to use the Clover API solely on computers owned or controlled by you; and to use the Clover API solely to integrate your Apps with the Clover Platform to enable your Apps to be Published and installed in the Territory via the App Market."

2) Per our conversation, OAuth and Webhooks can be implemented in Sandbox. An app does not need to be published for OAuth/Webhooks to function as desired.

Thanks - hope you're well!

Best,

Mark

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community