question

tester-manish-b avatar image
tester-manish-b asked Will Macaluso commented

Install / Uninstall option is not visible under the App Market.

I am not able to see the Install / Uninstall option for all the applications under the App Market on device, and same has been visible within Clover WebApp.

Clover Version 1.0-1157 on device.

App Market
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michael avatar image michael commented ·

Is there a particular application that you are talking about? Your own app no showing up or are you looking to uninstall a clover application?

0 Likes 0 ·
tester-manish-b avatar image tester-manish-b commented ·

Hi Michael, There is no particular application, I am facing this issue with all apps like clover apps and my own app too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Will Macaluso avatar image Will Macaluso commented ·

I'm experiencing this same issue. Clover devs, could you please provide a troubleshooting doc, or all the step's we'll need to follow to ensure that our app is "installable" on the android device?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark R avatar image
Mark R answered michael commented

Apps on clover app market can be made to be available only to certain platforms like Web , clover station, clover mobile or clover mini. It's up to the purpose of app. This can be mentioned in your app settings on clover app market. In case if you already uploaded an apk and is not seeing the app on app market, it's possibly because there was no price tiers mentioned for it. Just add a new price tier for your app then you should see your app on app market with install/uninstall option. Also check out the app market with a user mode who has manager privilege.

[ Updated the answer on 10/29/2015 ]

For @Tester-Manish B this issue was happening only a non clover device like samsung tablet ( or any other android tablet). Clover app market wont show those buttons on non clover devices, with an exception for web app market. If you are trying to install an app from app market using non clover devices, this is what you can try.

Install the app from web app market. And on your tablet, open up app market and do a refresh. It should initiate the app updater and it will download the app from app market. You can launch the app from your app launcher.

[Updated the answer on 10/30/2015 ]

Best way to test this specific case is to use a clover devkit. Since your app is needing to get a response from app market button taps, which is not available on non clover devices.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I am developing an apps which have multi level subscription and metered billings. I am using my OWNER account and same account configured on mobile. Pricing added for that app and I can see all of the subscription after sync. But my problem is I can't upgrade with any subscription. There is no any "SELECT" button visible on app market app like web portal have. I tried with other apps even clover like ORDERS, EMPLOYEES, PRINTER, HELP etc. There doesn't have any uninstall button for any apps also. Is that needed to create a MANAGER account for that or I can use my OWNER account.

0 Likes 0 ·
michael avatar image michael commented ·

Orders, Employees, Printers are all system apps. Try looking at an app line notes which is installable/uninstallable.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark R avatar image Mark R commented ·

@Tester-Manish B - Were you able to figure out the issue? Just to make sure you did not overlook the subscription selection feature. On web you will see subscription select buttons. On Clover device app market, you will be seeing subscription selection radio button list, instead of select buttons.

0 Likes 0 ·
tina avatar image
tina answered

When viewing app details from Clover device's App Market, if you see an "Open" button but no "Install / Uninstall" button, then that app may be a system app that cannot be uninstalled. If that is the case, you should see red text underneath the button that explains this.

If you have multiple types of Clover devices, you may have an app installed on one Clover device that is not available on another Clover device.

For example, if you have Wireless Manager app installed on your Clover Mobile, you will see that the app is installed from your Web Dashboard, Clover Station, and Clover Mobile. However, when viewing the app details in App Market on Clover Station, you will not have the option to install / uninstall or open the Wireless Manager app.

10 |2000

Bejoy Nair avatar image
Bejoy Nair answered gleebuyfi commented

@tina and @mark - The issue is not specific to any app. All apps on the app market don't have the install/upgrade button visible anymore. Not sure how it happened but it happened overnight. Could be bug with a app update that clover pushed.

Unfortunately it is not easy to upload images to this post. I am posting the links below with screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkit70kdhqj... https://www.dropbox.com/s/dv6g9udarfz... https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z0n58oxrqo...

7 comments
10 |2000

Is this happening a non clover device? Like emulator or a third party tablet device

0 Likes 0 ·

@Mark - Yes this is happened for third party tablet device. I tried with Samsung Tablet 4/ LG Tablet. Result is same.

0 Likes 0 ·

That is the issue. Clover app market wont show those buttons on non clover devices, with an exception of web browser. It used to show that buttons before, but now it wont show any of those buttons on non clover devices. If you are trying to install an app from app market using non clover devices, this is what you can do. Try to Install the app from web app market. And on your tablet, open up app market and do a refresh. It should initiate the app updater and it will download the app from app market. You can launch the app from your app launcher. I will update my answer with this comment.

0 Likes 0 ·

@Mark:- Yes. Right now I am using web app market and sync from device. It works fine. But there are a functionality of my app that user can upgrade subscription from my app setting which I am unable to test. My implementation done. I am using bellow clover SDK code, which is open my app for asking upgrade but button missing (Next Comment).

0 Likes 0 ·

premiumId = subscription.getId(); Intent intent = new Intent(); intent.setAction(Intents.ACTION_START_APP_DETAIL); intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_APP_PACKAGE_NAME, getActivity().getPackageName()); // Pass in one of the App's Subscription Id intent.putExtra(Intents.EXTRA_TARGET_SUBSCRIPTION_ID, premiumId); startActivityForResult(intent, RESULT_CODE);

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community