question

rszabo avatar image
rszabo asked rszabo answered

Webhooks - Virtual Keypad

Should the webhooks work with the virtual keypad? I set up a webhook, and got it verified. Our app is a web app, but it shows in the installed apps. when I process a payment using the virtual keypad I don't get a webhook. Is that supposed to work?

Webhooks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

I would expect it to, what permissions does your app have?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rszabo avatar image
rszabo answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I gave all permission write access for testing.

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Did you install your app AFTER you gave your app all permissions or before? If you installed your app prior to granting the permissions you need to uninstall and then reinstall your app from the developer dashboard.

0 Likes 0 ·
rszabo avatar image

No, but I uninstalled and reinstalled to be sure

1 comment
10 |2000

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Ok, sorry, I just found an old thread (that I should have remembered) https://community.clover.com/questions/22797/webhook-for-virtual-terminal-1.html. We do not support webhooks for VT transactions.

10 |2000

rszabo avatar image

Is the virtual keypad a virtual terminal? It just pushed payment info to the physical clover device. If I go in the device and do a Manuel sale I also don’t get a web hook. Is there some place to look to see if one was generated

1 comment
10 |2000

You should certainly be getting a webhook for on device payments. Sorry, I thought you meant virtual terminal.
0 Likes 0 ·
rszabo avatar image

Can you confirm I need the Rest Pay Display to make webhooks work? I can't seem to get that to start.

1 comment
10 |2000

Rest Pay Display is not required. Any payment (outside of virtual terminal) should fire a webhook.

0 Likes 0 ·
rszabo avatar image

Ok, don't know what I'm missing then. When I run a manual sale on the device I don't get a webhook. I get the confirmation number when I do the test so I know it's sending and can reach my server.

1 comment
10 |2000

What is your app id and what merchant are you performing the sale for?
0 Likes 0 ·
rszabo avatar image
rszabo answered David Marginian Deactivated converted comment to answer

App ID: NMF9Z1C8Y4ZB0

Merchant CrowleyRV 1D01W6BGXHVFP

10 |2000

David Marginian Deactivated answered

Your app doesn't have read payments permission. You need to add read payments and then you need to uninstall and reinstall your app.

10 |2000

rszabo avatar image
rszabo answered

Oh, I assumed write payments meant read and write. It's working now, thanks for the great support David

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community