question

lfeins01 avatar image
lfeins01 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

OrderId changing somehow

I have been doing some live testing on an app that I have integrated with clover. We are opening orders via the REST API. A few times now when we have opened orders programatically, at some time between opening the order and an employee entering items into the order, the orderId has changed. Any idea what might cause this to happen?

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

That's not possible, perhaps providing some details will help.

8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lfeins01 avatar image lfeins01 commented ·

I'm not really sure what details to provide at the moment unfortunately. Is there any function a bartender or server can do that would cause something like this to happen such as moving a check to a different table or assigning it to a different employee?

Or that would cause a check to be deleted and recreated?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ lfeins01 commented ·
Sorry, without some specifics, such as an order id and exactly what you are doing and what you are expecting we can't help.
0 Likes 0 ·
lfeins01 avatar image lfeins01 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Our API sent a request to the POS to open an order, that order id came back as V1WETAR4QNQ8J. The next time our API tried to find the line items of that order it came back that there was no order found with that ID. When I went to the POS I found that the order id that had the items ordered attached to it was DNC1Q1C28BG1E. The desired outcome is that when the server/bartender goes in to add items to the order they would have added them to V1WETAR4QNQ8J so I'm trying to figure out what they did that could have caused this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community