question

mkonnekt avatar image
mkonnekt asked mkonnekt commented

Not getting CC type, reference number on order receipt

1. CC type: I am using the steps in https://docs.clover.com/faq/#how-do-i... to send a credit card payment information to Clover. However, when I pass this payment id in my order, I do not see "visa" or "master card" prefix for credit cards. I do get "amex" prefix for american express credit cards. Please help. I don't want my receipts to show UNKNOWN XXXXXXXXXXXX 8943

2. Reference number I get a blank line for reference number on my receipt under payments section. Not sure what this field is supposed to have and why it is coming up as blank. Please let me know what should go in this field so I can pass the right data

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anthonypinto avatar image
anthonypinto answered

Both of these issues most likely stem from using a faked payment gateway. Assuming you are not using a real payment gateway already:

1. An actual gateway should be able to identify the rest of those card types.

2. The reference number is set automatically by the payment processing flow.

Can you confirm which server you are testing on, and whether or not you are using a 'blackhole' gateway (always returns success, even with invalid card numbers etc)?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered mkonnekt commented

CC types are not always going to be correctly identified for Test Payment Gateways. However, you can rely on the correct credit card prefix being returned for a Production Payment Gateway.

Reference Number is an optional field that you can attach to a payment for your own personal tracking purposes. If nothing is entered, then it will be blank.

Hope that helps!

1 comment
10 |2000

mkonnekt avatar image mkonnekt commented ·

Got it. Thank you. So we can test credit card authentication and processing functionality in Production only.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community