question

ageiser avatar image
ageiser asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Developer Pay: Retrieve vaulted token for future use without transaction

Developer Pay: Retrieve vaulted token for future use without transaction

What is the flow for retrieving a credit card token without making a payment through the Developer Pay API. We need the ability to allow users to update payment details without charging the card at that moment.

Developer Pay API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Frank Faustino avatar image
Frank Faustino Deactivated answered
Hi, @ageiser.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to generate or retrieve a vaulted card token without first making a successful payment via Developer Pay API or Secure Pay.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sykhira avatar image
sykhira answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

Hi, as I understand the developer pay api is being depricated, what is the current method of retrieving card token for future transactions? We do not want to enter credit card details manually, but used to get it via Secure Pay intent, which would return vaulted card object after successful transaction. Then we would use developer pay api to make transactions in the future. Please share what is the current implementation for this flow, thank you!

3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I think this flow is something that is being worked but it is not currently available. Tokens returned by Secure Pay are not currently compatible with our Ecomm APIs. If you are looking for a card present solution the only option right now is our Rest Pay Display API that is in beta. With this API a card can be tokenized on the device and an ecomm token can be returned, more information here https://docs.clover.com/docs/creating-a-card-token.

0 Likes 0 ·
sykhira avatar image sykhira David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you David. And from the android sdk perspective, I am looking at this page: https://docs.clover.com/docs/supported-methods-by-device and seems like VaultCard is checked. Is it not possible to receive the token that way and use it for subsequent payments? If I understood your previous answer correctly it is not possible, but still want to check. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ sykhira commented ·
No, it is not currently possible. The token returned via the Android SDK is not compatible with Ecomm.
1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community