question

blz-ea avatar image
blz-ea asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

Is it possible to show/add Service Charge entry in Cloud Pay Display Application alongside with Tax?

I am trying to add Service charge to every new order I create using remote-pay-cloud-pos-react example.

I retrieved Service Charge Id from https:// { {cloverServer}} /v3/merchants/{ {merchatId}}/default_service_charge?access_token= { {cloverApiToken}} and tried to populate `state` in `Register.js` with the following format

{ 
 "id": "123ABC4D5SJR6",
 "name": "Customer Service Charge",
 "enabled": true, 
 "percentage": 3,    
 "percentageDecimal": 39900
} 
but still do not see service charge on the screen in Cloud Pay Display Application

What is the correct way of adding Service charge to order so it can be seen in the order and on the screen alongside tax and items?

Cloud Pay Display
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
A sale from the Clover Connector creates a new payment and order and unfortunately there is currently no way to tie the display order to the payment's order. This is something that has been under discussion and that we are looking into.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered
Is this only for a specific order?

You should be able to enable service charge on your Settings App (Clover) globally or it's enabled but it doesn't show in the Cloud Display?
10 |2000

blz-ea avatar image
blz-ea answered
We add Service charge for every order and it is enabled in settings (Setup -> Additional Charges -> Enabled service charge checkbox is checked and a percentage is set and I can get Service Charge ID via API ). But it still does not appear on the Cloud Display when I create an order.

The thing is even when I directly create an order on Clover Mini 2 using Register app, I have to click Add Service Charge from the menu in order to add a Service charge to order.

It would have been nice to have this thing being added automatically, like taxes, but I don't see that kind of option in Clover's Settings, but I am sure that you can do that programmatically, but I missing where should I put it.

10 |2000

Use setServiceChargeName and setServiceChargeAmount on DisplayOrder.
10 |2000

blz-ea avatar image
blz-ea answered
That's perfect.
Now it appears on the screen, but what's a correct way to add it to order, so it appears as a separate entry in the receipt.

As you can see in the receipt we have Line Item Name, Tax, and Customer Service Charge as separate lines when we create an order manually.
But that's what I get when I'm creating an order using remote-pay-cloud-pos-react. Line Item is set to Manual Transaction and no Tax, and Service Charge

Thank you.

1.png (30.4 KiB)
2.png (9.6 KiB)
10 |2000

Unfortunately, the service charge will not be displayed on the printed receipt at this time. The only option is for you to print your own receipt. I realize this is far from ideal. I have created internal issues for us to expose setting the service charge amount on the sale/auth request. Please keep your eye out for the next SDK release.
10 |2000

blz-ea avatar image
blz-ea answered
Thank you, David.
Well, I think we will issue receipts on our side then.
But what about Line Items ?
Is there any way we can change it from Manual Transaction to (in this case) 'SERVICE#1'
That's what it looks like from the dashboard when I create an order using remote-pay-cloud-pos-react (first order) and manually (second order)

I already got item id from
https:// { {cloverServer}} /v3/merchants/{ {merchatId}}/items?access_token= { {cloverApiToken}}
and tried to put them to src/items.js, but no success

Thank you.

5.png (34.3 KiB)
10 |2000

David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited
remote-pay-cloud-pos-react is an example application. If you would like to modify the behavior of the example application then you will need to look at the code and make the changes you require. In this case you will need to specify the correct title on your line item.
10 |2000

blz-ea avatar image
blz-ea answered
And that's exactly what I did.
I changed a title on the line item in src/items.js. It does appear on the screen as expected, but in the dashboard, it says ` Manual Transaction`.
As you can see in my previous message (the screenshot) the First order was create using remote-pay-cloud-react, second was done manually on the device using ` Register` app.
Is there any way to change it from `Manual transaction` to `SERVICE#1` using SDK
Thank you.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community