question

greg avatar image
greg asked Raymond Lee Deactivated answered

Use of export API

I am testing with the export API provided here: https://github.com/clover/export-api-examples and have also read this thread: https://community.clover.com/questions/9698/regarding-order-details-in-clover-system.html
Since I am currently developing a web application that has a need for such functionality to download old order data, I have got 2 questions:
1) The Export API is still marked BETA – can we rely on the future availability of this service?
2) Does it allow to download the whole order history of a Clover merchant, i.e. at the most starting from 2013? (of course considering the given 30 day time frame limit for each request)
REST API
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered
1) Yes, it is still marked BETA as enhancements may come in the future, but you can rely on the export API being available in the future. If there are plans to replace the export API with an alternative solution in the future, an announcement will be given ahead of time to give sufficient notice to switch to the new solution.

2) Yes, it will allow you to download the whole order history of a Clover merchant, but as you mentioned, it has to be downloaded in 30 day increments.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered
You can export as much as you require, but there are limits in the amount of data you can ask at once.

I would suggest using small numbers of requests at a time & limiting the amount of data, in a way that your requests doesn't create sudden loads on Clover services.

You can always use the Orders API and get the data from there.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community