question

ndunsmore avatar image
ndunsmore asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Add kitchen printer- issue with switch

I am having a huge issue. I got sent the SP 700. I am a large organization, so I use switches and not routers. Clover is telling me that I need to connect to this a router, no detailed explanation why but I suspect it has to do with layer 3 communication. I have minis and flexes on wifi, and the printer on the ethernet. All same network and subnet.

Is there anyway to solve this issue? or is there another printer I can possibly get that will help this issue?

Even if I get another printer, is this a clover limitation that it has to be hooked up to a router?

semi-integrationsPrintSaleProduction
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

There has to be a router w/ DHCP somewhere for the printer to get an IP address. We don't support configuring the printer via static IP address.

Did you mean you don't have any router? Or that the printer is just not directly connected to a router?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community